Denham-Blythe is a design-build construction company committed to providing the best possible service in the industry. Since 1976, we've offered design, construction management, and general construction services with offices in KY, TN, and SC. We are hiring for an Estimator in our Lexington, Kentucky office.
The Estimator is responsible for preparing and coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents and provides complete conceptual and total bid price.
- Reviews and evaluates requests for estimates.
- Helps to prepare a bid calendar and ensures timely completion of estimates.
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
- Executes take-offs of construction documents.
- Inputs take-offs into estimating software.
- Obtains pricing for materials.
- Coordinates scope of work with subcontractors for estimating and obtaining bids.
- Prepares cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Helps develop the bidder list for projects.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, and government requirements.
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Management experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business.
- Five to eight years of related experience in construction.
Candidates must have a valid driver's license. Must be willing to travel occasionally.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, life, dental, 401(k), holidays, and vacation. Our company uses E-Verify for hiring purposes. We are a drug-free work place.