Denham-Blythe is a people-focused design-build construction company committed to providing the best possible construction service in the industry. Founded in 1976, we have completed over 10,000 projects to date. Currently we are seeking a Laborer at our Lexington, Kentucky location.
The Laborer performs tasks involving physical labor. The position may operate a variety of hand and power tools and may clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove waste materials. The position may assist other craft workers.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in construction.
- Performs clean up on the job: picks up all tools and equipment and removes hazards.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Assists in placing concrete in a variety of applications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Have a customer/client focus
- Results Driven
- Ability to work with a team
The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; using abdominal and lower back muscles. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. Lifts and carries 20 – 70 pounds (i.e. 4 x 8 feet sheet plywood, 5-gallon bucket, nail apron, ladder, etc.). Climbs ladders up to heights of 30 feet. Pulls materials weighing up to 40 pounds. Pushes objects weighing up to 90 pounds. Kneels, crouches, and stoops continuously. Stands, working with tools from a height of waist to overhead continuously. Uses both hands continuously to perform duties requiring a strong, steady grasp of tools and materials. Maintains static grasp of tools weighing up to 30 pounds.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid state driver’s license prior to employment.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, life, dental, 401(k), holidays, and vacation. Our company uses E-Verify for hiring purposes. We are a drug-free work place.